5 Fun Activities for Kids in Osoyoos, BC

One of the most important thing that I consider when I'am planning a vacation is to look for fun activities that my kids would enjoy. After all, this vacation is really for the kids.  I have to squeeze in some tourist destinations which is easy to find and plot them in the map so I could plan our route. I also have to consider the time that we will spend in each of the location because we only have 1 half day and 1 full day to do these activities. 

Lake Osoyoos


So, here's the list of the 5 Fun Activities for Kids in Osoyoos:

1. Have fun in RattleSnake Canyon 

I did not know that there's an amusement park in Osoyoos until I stumble upon their website. When I first saw it, I already know that RattleSnake Canyon should be part of our Itinerary. This amusement park is located in the Main Street just a few blocks away from our hotel Holiday Inn. Designed like a Western mining town, this theme is very suitable to the ambiance of Osoyoos which is like a desert place. The park is open from 9:30AM to 11:00PM. I would suggest you to go there as early as you can so you can have the whole place all to yourself for photo ops 😄.  The place was really nice and well maintained, many great areas if you want to take photos. 

RattleSnake Canyon
2. Keep an eye for Hidden Gems in Osoyoos Desert Model Railroad

Kids and kids at heart would surely enjoy this place. I wasn't expecting that this is a huge collection of miniature railroad models. I commend the creator of this railroad models for making all of the intricate model display. The collection of 4000 Square Feet of miniature houses, building and everything with multiple computer controlled trains that were running simultaneously was just incredible.  My kids specifically enjoyed the interactive sensors which you can activate by putting your fingers in the sensor.  They loved watching the moving parts and the train of course! I specifically like all the small details and the visual effects when the lights were turned off. 

Railroad Miniature
Desert Model Railroad

3. Be Thrilled to Kayak in the Lake

It was my kid's first time to try kayak and they really enjoyed it! I was nervous at first because the only available Kayak was a single kayak. They don't have tandem Kayak in the Marina but they allow the kids to be with an adult in the single kayak. My husband taught the kids to paddle and showed them how to maneuver the kayak. They went to the middle of the lake until I can only see a small picture of them. My husband told me that the lake was just shallow and he was able to measure it using the paddle.


Kayak at the Marina


4. Learn and Appreciate Art in Okanagan and Osoyoos Art Galleries

I always believe that museums or galleries are great destination for families especially if you have kids. Aside from learning to appreciate one's talent, a gallery offers visitors valuable resources and experiences that you would not get in your every life. Most exhibits usually have stories behind it and you could get the information or stories first hand because the experts and the creators of those arts are usually present in the area just like in Okanagan and Osoyoos Art Galleries.  The employees of these galleries were actually the painters and the artist who created those work of art. My kids have been very interested with the artwork and sculptures. In fact, they even have their own favorites. One good thing about our visit in these galleries was that we were able to socialize and interact with people who created these artwork. My 6 yr old son was even fond of talking to the artist as if he knows a lot about painting.   

Okanagan Art Gallery

Osoyoos Art Gallery
5. Swim and Play in the Lake

This is the main reason why we went to Osoyoos.  My family loves to swim and we have been waiting for summer to do this.  My kids love to play in the sand, they brought a lot of sand toys and water toys to play with. The water was warm enough for them to swim and the lake was also calm that day so they were able to play in the water. The lake was just shallow so you don't have to worry. 

Lake
5 Fun Activities for Kids in Osoyoos, BC 5 Fun Activities for Kids in Osoyoos, BC Reviewed by Discover Canada Now on August 31, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Featured Post

Itinerary for a 3D2N Trip to Osoyoos BC

I have a very limited time to plan our Osoyoos trip and I need to squeeze in all the activities that my kids would enjoy in our 3 Days 2 Ni...